Instagram FeedUnable to communicate with Instagram.
Being a photographer these days, is a commodity…With the advent of digital cameras, and the evolution of cell phone technology leveling the bar for consumers-turned-artists, it’s easy to call yourself a photographer…I have always, firmly believed, that there is a difference between a photographer, and someone that takes pictures…
A photographer does more than just, capture a scene, they take an ordinary scene, situation, scenario, and make you interested in what is happening within the confines of the frame…They find beauty in the everyday, capture it, and make you reflect on it, and yourself…You don’t need a fancy camera, or years of study at an accredited arts school, but it starts with finding something within your environment that interests you, and start exploring it with your camera…Someone that takes pictures, is an observer, someone that is only there to document what is happening in the scene, and there is no thought to composition, content, angle, light, or any other detail of what a photographer is thinking about before they click the shutter…
The world is full of pictures, and picture takers, but genuine photographers that care about the craft, the emotion one gets from gazing on an indescribable photo, and the endless pursuit of mastering your art, they are going the way of Polaroid film…
Don’t be afraid, step out of your comfort zone, go places you wouldn’t normally go, be an explorer…
Stay tuned, stay creative.
– “Cure for Chris Fundraiser” – December 2008 – Layla’s , Alexandria, VA
– “Artomatic” 2009, May 09 – July 2009 – 55 M Street, SE Washington D.C.
– “Indifferent Art Show” – September 2009 – Red Studio Kensington, MD
– “And It Don’t F-Stop” – September 2009 – Dahlak, Adams Morgan, NW Washington D.C.
– “12 Angry Women” – September 2009 – The Soundry Vienna, VA
– “Lens Caps, And Shoulder Straps” – October 2009 – Rock N’ Roll Hotel NE, Washington D.C.
– “Friday Night Eclectic – March 2010 – Strathmore Mansion Bethesda, MD
– “DMV Nude” – March 2010 – MOCA Gallery Georgetown, Washington D.C.
– “Friday Night Eclectic” – October 2010 – Strathmore Mansion Bethesda, MD
– “PIGment @ Ba Bay – May 2011 – Ba Bay Vietnamese Restaurant
Job Titles and Responsibilities: